The Orca Institute Social Services Worker Diploma program will prepare you for meaningful employment in the non-profit and social services sector.
This comprehensive 600 hour, 6.5 month program focuses on experiential learning and includes a supervised practicum. The goal of the program is to help you learn to genuinely help others while remaining safe and healthy yourself. It’s one thing to want to help others but to be a skilled helper requires the kind of knowledge and training we provide in our Social Service Worker Diploma Program.
- 600 hours of learning
- 80 hours of supervised practicum experience
- Integration of 21st Century Skills and Competencies
- Focus’s on whole person model of wellness philosophy
- Small classes
- Uses experiential learning – learning by doing
- Classes run 4 days a week