Personal Trainers Are In Demand!
Are you into health and fitness? Do you think you would enjoy sharing your knowledge about health and fitness with people and advising them how to get the most from their exercise routine? If this sounds like you, a career in personal training may be the ideal career for you.
With millions of people eager to lose weight and get in shape, personal training is one of the fastest growing careers in the health and fitness industry today. At one time, athletes were the only people using personal trainers to help them excel at their sport. Today people from all walks of life from celebrities to senior citizens are using personal trainers to help them learn how to exercise, lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
The demand for personal trainers and fitness specialists continues to grow rapidly each day. All gyms and personal training studios are in need of qualified and certified fitness professionals.
Fitness Leadership Diploma Program
Become BCRPA and/or ACE Certified Personal Trainer during the 17 week Diploma Program.
Orca Institute teaches a comprehensive 340 hour course designed to provide students with the knowledge in areas such as anatomy, physiology, nutrition, Personal Training,Weight Training and much more. Our program exceeds BCRPA minimum requirements by providing students with 3 to 5 times the amount of classroom and practical hours.
Upon successful graduation students will become BCRPA registered
- Personal Trainers
- Weight Trainers
- Third Age (55+)
As an educational partner of the ACE organization we offer our students an opportunity to become ACE certified Personal Trainers.*
*The ACE exam and certification is optional.
Why Choose Orca Institute?
Orca Institute has been offering premier education to students since 1986 and was accredited by PCTIA (Private Career Training Institution Agency) in the year 2006.
- Orca Institute is a designated college in British Columbia which offers education in the field of Personal Training that leads to a recognized Diploma.
- Our Fitness Leadership Diploma program exceeds BCRPA minimum requirements by providing students with 3 to 5 times the required amount of classroom and practical hours.
- Upon graduation you will be a certified, Weight Trainer and Personal Fitness Trainer. You will also be qualified to train older adults. (Third Age (55+).
- As an educational partner of the ACE organization we offer you an opportunity to become an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and will prepare you for the ACE exam.
Government student loans are available for qualified applicants.
- The tuition fees for the Fitness Leadership Diploma Program are tax deductible.
- Orca Institute is GST exempt; therefore no GST charges will apply.
- Orca Institute provides it’s graduates with job placement assistance.
Here at Orca Institute, we do absolutely everything possible to ensure that our graduates are among the leaders of the fitness industry, including:
- Selecting the best and most current text books and teaching materials available
- Utilizing the most effective learning methods including in-class lectures, interactive discussions, outdoor fitness boot camp training, and hands-on learning in a fitness facility
- Employing the most qualified instructors who have a Kinesiology degree and/or registration with BCRPA as a Trainer of Fitness Leaders
- Keeping class size to only 15– 20 students to provide maximum learning opportunities
- Implementing a comprehensive certification system – educational material to become a BCRPA registered Fitness Leader, Weight Trainer & Personal Trainer, as well as to become an ACE certified Personal Trainer (BCRPA Exams are mandatory, while the ACE Personal Training certification exam is optional)
Our entire program has been seamlessly put together by a group of highly professional individuals, who are well recognized by the Fitness Industry. Orca Institute’s substantial contact with the fitness industry enables us to provide quality job placement assistance to our graduates.