Applied Nutrition Science Curriculum
Our Applied Nutrition Science curriculum has been developed by industry leaders and includes up-to-date research, industry insider information and best business practice guideline to help you on your way to a rewarding career as a nutrition expert.
- Nutrition physiology (cellular, cardiovascular system, digestive system, respiratory system, central nervous system, immune system)
- Biochemistry (photosynthesis, Kreb’s cycle)
- Energy balance and weight control
Nutrition in Practice:
- Nutritional assessments and analysis
- Program planning
- Recipe modifications
- Food labels
- Nutrition trends and controversy
- Sports and fitness nutrition
- Food safety and sanitation
- Tackling cravings
- Lifecycle nutrition (infancy to senior)
- Customization of advice based on lifestyle and eating preferences
- Listening skills
- Goal setting
- Holding your clients accountable
- Meeting clients where they’re at
- Connection between food and emotion
- Body image issues and eating disorders
- Other coaching strategies
Food Industry Overview:
- Health Crisis
Rates of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease continue to grow exponentially. Globally, people are spending more money on medication and surgeries, yet prevention and education are not being focused on. Discover how to reverse the trend and utilize your skills and knowledge to benefit your clients.
- Government Policies
Processed and unhealthy food options are less expensive in North America than the nutritious foods. You will learn about government subsidies, campaign contributions, and the pros and cons of the dietary guidelines to understand the system and how to make better choices, for yourself and for your future clients.
- Your Food’s Origins
Discover how organic, non-organic, commercial, and locally sourced meat and produce are different, and learn how farming methods can impact your health and the environment. This knowledge will assist you in guiding your clients in making better choices.
- Business basics and entrepreneurship
- Attracting clients
- Turning potential clients into paying clients
- Managing your finances
- Workshops and public speaking
- Networking and making connections
- Effective time management and goal setting
- Career options
Check out the great employment prospects for nutritionists.